Tuesday, January 02, 2007

And now, that time has come...




and gone....and so has Jassen...back to the UK.

*cue sad face*

I try not to cry when we part, but I can't help it. I mean, I know that I will be seeing him again soon, but the heartache of it all, my tear ducts can't process it.

Here are some piccies...


We headed out to KFC this early afternoon. I had a snacker meal and Jassen had a Big Sammich which was a bit more peppery than my deal...but still tasted nice. I rather enjoyed the potato wedges.:-) Nicely seasoned. That was our first meal of the day...and now, I am munching on some reindeer food aka peppermint malt balls. It was a giftie from Karie and Nathaniel and I quite like em!;-)

Yesterday, we made a trip out to Merrillville and ended up getting me a new wintery coat, which I really like. It's sleek and stylish and a bit British, If I dont mind adding in.:-pIMO We then headed over to the Mall area, walked about, found better wedding rings(It's white gold, but the background its on makes it a bit misleading), which will be ordered probably in April/May time,



shared a plate of Japanese food, Bourbon Chicken, rice, and a pork eggroll,



had a gloria jean's cookies and creme frap for 1/2 price and ventured into Borders(the new one across the street from Barnes), which I really wasnt impressed(maybe im biased!:-p)

Tonight, I am hoping to have some sort of nice meal with my family, order wedding favours for the reception as well as a cake topper and decorations. Ive been wanting to order these things for close to 2 months, so here's to hoping that that can be accomplished tonight.

Other things that I would like to accomplish tonight is more straightening up... Ive been cleaning and sorting through my book collection and have put ones that I can part with in a box for giveaway. I will give my sister and friends the chance to look through it to see if there are any keepers. After that, I will take it to work and see if anyone is wanting them. Then after that, I think it will head to Goodwill along with clothes(that I hope to sort through tonight as well). I really want to downsize things for portability when that time comes. I mean, I am in the process of transporting things, but I have kinda alot to deal with....things like clothing, books, dvds, toys, and blankets. Beyond that, there is really nothing else worth bringing over.

My mom and I really need to plan on meeting up with the Caterers for the wedding as well as what kinda cake for the reception, more decorations, save the date cards, and I need to work on getting appropriate wedding invites to be sent out 6 weeks prior to the wedding. I cant leave out the people in the UK, even if they are unable to come to the US wedding, so that will be sorted when I visit the UK next.

Nicole and Valerie have picked up their bridesmaid dresses already, since they came in like 3 MONTHS EARLY and tomorrow, I will be heading out with Karen to pick up hers. The only thing left for the girls is getting shoes, and ordering the appropriate necklace and earrings(which will be gifts from moi), and coordinating makeup, if poss.

I will also be trekking out with Sheila and Julianne for THE flowergirl dress, soon and I will probably be putting down deposits for the guy's tuxedos once I have the correct measurements, and Billy(the ringbearer) getting his suit ordered as well...and Since Jassen is having his groomsmen get tuxedos from the same place, Jassen's tux shall be free, which is nifty!

My wedding dress will be coming in at the end of January, so Im very much looking forward to that! I was given a $100 coupon towards shoes, purse, etc at the place I ordered my dress, so I will have a field day when I get to do that.

So much to do, so much to say.;-)

Anywho....Hope your 2007 is going grand!!

2 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

All that wedding planning sounds exciting!

Jen said...

It is....as well as daunting at times....but overall FUN!;-)