Tuesday, November 06, 2012

2012 US Election

So, it's that time again. Four years have past since my last post about the US Election, in which Obama was voted into office.

2008 Election post

I was watching a little bit of BBC news this morning and one of the guests, who was originally from Texas stated that in states that are notorious of being republican or democratic "don't count" and really the focus is on swing states such as Ohio.


Umm, excuse me? Yes, it does. Regardless on whether or not my state, Indiana, will more than likely vote Republican doesn't take anything away from my voting democratic. The fact of the matter is that I exercised my right as a citizen of the United States and my vote takes away from the opposing side. My vote, plus another democratic vote equals...2 votes, which is 2 more than if myself and another individual did not vote and closer to the prospect that enough people might have done the same to swing the state in our favour.

Granted, there is definitely a focus on the 8 swing states, which are:

Colorado Florida Iowa Nevada New Hampshire Ohio Virginia Wisconsin.

I will be watching the Election coverage again this year, which will start at 11.35pm(GMT) and will run through the night. I will attempt to stay up for as long as possible, but more than likely will find out the results early Wednesday morning, depending on if the electoral votes result in dead heat and then would be taken to the House and they have a ridiculous amount of time for a deadline which is sometime in next March.

Also, it is worth noting that it would be the Senate that would then select the Vice President in.

I really hope that Obama gets voted in. If Romney gets into the White House(who swings in his stances as much as a swing state), I do believe that not only will the US plunge into the Dark Ages, it will oscillate in negative waves throughout the rest of the world.

VOTE OBAMA.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Don't know why I forgot, but Indiana was won by Obama the last time. It does matter even more.